Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Allergen Directory!
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Your acceptance of these terms is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Website. If you do not accept and agree with these terms and conditions, you must stop using Our Site immediately.
1. What we provide
- Allergen Directory helps you to find a review restaurants all over the world against how they cater for specific food requirements. We provided a community for users to interact, upload photos and collectively discuss how well restaurants cater for allergies.
2. Use of Allergen Directory
a. Can you use Allergen Directory?
You may use Allergen Directory only if you can legally form a binding contract with Allergen Directory, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Allergen Directory account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is not allowed. Using Allergen Directory may include downloading software to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically update that software, and these Terms will apply to any updates.
b. Our promise to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Service.
2. Your content
a. Posting content
Allergen Directory allows you to post reviews, comments, photos, incidents and other such content. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on Allergen Directory is referred to as "User Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Allergen Directory.
b. How we (Allergen Directory) and other users can use your ‘User Content’
You grant Allergen Directory and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, save, modify, and distribute your User Content on Allergen Directory solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using Allergen Directory. Nothing in these Terms restricts other legal rights Allergen Directory may have to User Content. Furthermore, we reserve the right to remove or modify User Content, or change the way it’s used in Allergen Directory, for any reason. This includes User Content that we believe violates these Terms, or any other policies.
c. How long we keep your content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Allergen Directory, we may keep your User Content for a reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Allergen Directory and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared on Allergen Directory.
d. Feedback you provide
We love hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about how we can make Allergen Directory even better. If you choose to submit comments, suggestions or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Allergen Directory doesn’t waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Allergen Directory, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
4. Copyright policy
- Allergen Directory has adopted and implemented the Allergen Directory Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable copyright laws.
- We try our best to keep the site as secure as possible but while we work to protect the security of your content and account, Allergen Directory can’t guarantee that unauthorized third parties won’t be able to defeat our security measures. We ask that you keep your password secure. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
6. Third party links, sites, and services
- Allergen Directory may contain links to third party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Allergen Directory. We don’t endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from Allergen Directory, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Allergen Directory has no liability arising from your use of or access to any third party website, service, or content.
- Allergen Directory may terminate or suspend your right to access or use Allergen Directory for any reason on appropriate notice. We may terminate or suspend your access immediately and without notice if we have (what we deem as) a good reason.
- Our Service and all content on Allergen Directory is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Allergen Directory specifically disclaims any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. Allergen Directory takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other person or third party posts or sends using our Service. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that’s inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
9. Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Allergen Directory shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, Consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of profits/revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill or other intangible losses result from (1) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the service; (2) Any conduct or content of any third party on the service, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties; or (3) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content. In no event shall Allergen Directory’s aggregate liability for all claims relating to the service exceed £100 GBP.
Allergen Directory isn’t liable for damages that result from a non-material breach of any other applicable duty of care. This limitation of liability won’t apply to any statutory liability that cannot be limited, to liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or willful misconduct, or if and to exclude our responsibility for something we have specifically promised to you.
- For any dispute you have with Allergen Directory, you agree to first contact us and try to resolve the dispute with us informally. If we need to contact you, we will do so at the email address on your Allergen Directory account. If Allergen Directory hasn’t been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms through binding arbitration or (for qualifying claims) in small claims court. To the extent any claim, dispute or controversy regarding Allergen Directory or our Service isn’t arbitrable under applicable laws or otherwise: you and Allergen Directory both agree that any claim or dispute regarding Allergen Directory will be resolved exclusively in accordance with Section 12 of these Terms.
11. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. If you are not a consumer in the UK, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with this agreement is London, United Kingdom and our dispute will be determined under UK law.
12. General terms
a. Notification procedures and changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if that’s what we decide. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our discretion, is material, we’ll notify you. By continuing to access or use Allergen Directory after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the new Terms. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please stop using Allergen Directory.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Allergen Directory without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
c. Entire agreement/severability
d. No waiver
No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Allergen Directory's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These terms and conditions are up-to-date as of: 22 September 2018